- Preheat oven to 180c/325f
- Butter and flour 2- 8″ round cake pans
- 1 1/2 cups Butter -room temperature
- 3 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 2 1/4 cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Using a Kitchen Aid fitted with the paddle attachment cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well between additions.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time. To ensure all flour is incorporated, scrape sides of bowl often.
- Add bananas and sour cream.
- Divide batter between pans.
- Bake cakes for 50–55 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes in pans then invert cakes onto wire racks and let cool completely.
12 oz. bittersweet chocolate
13 ½ oz heavy cream
Chop chocolate into fine pieces and place in bowl.
Heat cream to a scald.
Slowly pour hot cream over chocolate .
The better the chocolate, the slower you need to incorporate in the hot cream.
Whisk cream and chocolate until smooth. Set aside to cool.
For perfect spreading consistency, leave out over night.
For this recipe I like to place the bottom half of cake on serving plate. Pour a slightly warm ganache over the bottom half of cake.
Let stand for 5 minutes ,place the top of cake on top of the ganache that you just poured and pour remaining ganache over top. Dripping down the sides.
If ganache is not pourable because it becomes too cool,you may
whisk it over hot water bath to soften.