- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt –(you may also sprinkle tops before baking if you like.)
- 2 ¼ sticks fresh butter- just room temp (no warmer)
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 ¼ cup dark chocolate discs I like Felchlin Accra 62% .If you can not find Felchlin, check your baking asile for dark chocolate discs. Valrhonas are nice, as are Ghiradellis brand.
Place flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Toss lightly together with a fork. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, Using a mixer, a Kitchen Aide works great for this, Cream butter and sugars together until color lifts to a light tan. About 4-5 minutes.
Add eggs and vanilla paste. Until just incorporated.
Add flour mixture in 3 batches minding not to over mix batter.
Hand stir in your chocolate discs.
Cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
When ready to bake off , remove from refrigerator and let sit for 15 minutes, allowing dough to become scoopable.
Preheat oven to 180c/350f
Drop 2-3 tablespoons of batter for each cookie. (A small ice cream scoop works great for this.)
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Savor the flavor…