- 2 slices bacon –chopped (optional)
- 2 yellow bell peppers – thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel- thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery-thinly sliced
- 2 shallots –thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons- olive oil
- 1 red thai chile – chopped fine (optional)
- Zest of one small orange
- 2 tablespoons – truffle oil (optional)
in a large frying pan on medium , heat olive oil . Add shallots and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and sauté for 20 minutes.
Turn heat to very low and continue to cook until all is soft and melded together (about another 30-40 minutes.)
For an even more savory depth, top with a drizzle of your finest balsamic vinegar .